Blue Box Recycling Tips
Recyclable materials from the Blue Box program are collected from single-family homes on the same day garbage is collected. Visit www.lacombe.ca/garbage to find-out your recycling collection day.
Below are some tips on how to properly use the blue box program to recycle at home:
- Blue boxes must be placed out by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Blue boxes have two designated areas for collection, either in the alley or the front of the property.
- An easy way to remember this is ‘Where do I take my garbage?’ If your garbage is collected in the alley, place the blue bin in the alley; if you use a black rollout bin for garbage, place the blue box by your black rollout for collection.
- The blue box program accepts a wide variety of material including: plastics, plastic bags, paper, cardboard, metal cans, foil, glass jars and beverage containers.
- Items not accepted in the Blue Box program include hazardous waste; material with food or liquids on or in it; Styrofoam; general garbage; food or yard waste; housewares (drinking glasses, mirrors, light bulbs, dishes); drinking cups (coffee cups, rolo-cups); scrap metal; electronics; building materials; or plastic cutlery.
- You can also place additional recycling in another blue box, or a clear or clear blue bag, and set it out beside you blue box on collection day.