2014 Spring Community Clean-Up Campaign
This year the Spring Community Clean-Up Campaign goes from May 20-29, 2014.
Please place all items for disposal at the FRONT your property, and not on the sidewalk, alley or street; items must be left at the property line. Debris left in the alleys will not be picked up. Ensure that pedestrian and vehicle traffic are not blocked. Do not place refuse next to or touching the bin used for normal household garbage pickup.
Please have items place out by 7 a.m. on the day your area is scheduled.
Refuse must be organized and separated into piles for pick up. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to separate these piles. All items must be sorted and neatly tied, bundled or bagged. Trees, brush or limbs cannot be more than 10 feet long or they will not be picked up. Please separate material according to the list below for pick up:
- Brush & Wood – treated, painted, and stained wood needs to be separated into a general rubble pile. Do not include construction material in this pile.
- Leaves, Sod and Garden Waste – these can also be taken to either the Wolf Creek recycle site. Leaves & garden waste can be taken to the green colored yard waste bins spread throughout the City for disposal.
- Appliances including fridge, freezers, AC units etc. – all food must be removed
- Swing Sets & Trampolines - dismantled & separated according to metal/plastic components
- Items that will NOT be picked up or are recyclable:
- Unmanageable piles & piles not sorted or separated
- Hazardous Waste – oil, cleaning solutions, paint, antifreeze, aerosols, railway ties, etc.
- Construction Waste – deck boards, fence boards, construction timber, drywall, concrete, roofing materials, porcelain toilets or sinks, etc.
- Cardboard – please break down boxes and take to the Wolf Creek Drive recycle site for disposal.
Any items placed out after the schedule date for pick-up will remain the responsibility of the resident owner. For a full schedule of areas and pick-up dates please visit www.lacombe.ca/communitycleanup or call 403-782-1261.
Spring Community Clean Up Schedule
Day 1 - Tuesday, May 20, 2014
South of 50 Ave (Hwy 12) Mackenzie Ranch
Day 2 - Wednesday, May 21, 2014
North of 50 Ave (Hwy 12) to 56 Ave Between C&E Trail & 60 Street Close
Day 3 - Thursday, May 22, 2014
North of 50 Ave (Hwy 12) to 56 Ave Between C&E Trail and 45 Street
Day 4 - Friday, May 23, 2014
Willow Ridge Fairway Heights
Cranna Place, Cranna Cove
Day 5 - Monday, May 26, 2014
Parkland Acres Mobile Home Park
The Lakes (inc. Cranna Lake Dr. & Lakes Close)
Day 6 - Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Day 7 - Wednesday, May 28, 2014
English Estates Hearthstone
Country Ridge Estates
Day 8 - Thursday, May 29, 2014